You are in: counselling-wakefield.co.uk >> about me
Please note that I am currently on an indefinite career break, and will be unavailable until further notice.If you wish to find a counsellor, please visit BACP Find a Therapist or Counselling-Directory (these links will open in a new tab or new window on your browser).
My name is Damien Haigh.
I am a qualified counsellor and trainer, based in Wakefield (WF1), West Yorkshire.
I offer various personal development services, including counselling and psychotherapy, supervision and training, for people in the West Yorkshire region.
My training and qualifications
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (June 2006, Leeds Metropolitan University)
- Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (September 2009, Wakefield College)
- MA in Psychological Therapies (September 2009, Leeds Metropolitan University)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision (June 2010, University of Leicester)
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (June 2014, University of Huddersfield)
Memberships of Professional Associations
- I am a registered, accredited member (number 052900) of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I work within their Ethical Framework.
- I worked between October 2004 and December 2012 for a large voluntary-sector counselling agency in Leeds City Centre. I carried out over a thousand counselling sessions in that time, with a variety of unique clients, of differing ages, genders and cultural backgrounds, each with different problems and difficulties.
- During that time, I also took part in an NHS IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) programme, gaining considerable experience of dynamic short-term therapy.
- I also worked for a year for the student counselling service of a local university, and this gave me experience in helping with the particular life problems faced by young adults.
- I am now working in private practice as a counsellor, and as a supervisor of counsellors.
- Leeds City College, teaching Introductory Counselling Courses, 2007-2012
- Wakefield College, teaching the Level 2 Award in Counselling Concepts and the Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills, 2012-2016
Back to top of this page
Next page (Get in Touch) >>
Site Home Page
Posted: 2 Dec 2013. Last modified: 9 Dec 2013, 14 Jan 2014, 17 Jan 2015, 30 Mar 2015, 15 Aug 2016, 5 Sep 2016, 27 Sep 2016, 13 Apr 2018, 13 Aug 2018.